Friday, January 18, 2013

COMPARE/CONTRAST ESSAY

 I guess most of you have fought with your parents before,as I did. Also, what do you think of when you hear the word 'princess'? A calm,beautiful,quiet woman? In the movie 'Brave', there is a princess who is different from others, and has had a special happening with her mother. There are some common things between the relation ship of mom and daughter and some different things between her and other princesses.

 In the movie, there is a girl called 'Merida'. She is a princess who laves archery, and she's really good at it. She's very active. However, her mom wants her to be calm,quiet and polite. Merida thinks her mom, Elinor, never listens to her. Merida just plays, and doesn't want to marry, however her mother wants her to. Merida met a witch and asked her to help making her mother change, so Elinor changed into a bear. Merida regrets this and tries to change her into a human again. By changing Elinor into a human again, Merida knew her love and Elinor understood Merida.

 The relationship between Merida and Elinor, has somethings in common between my relationship with my mom. Both Elinor and my mom have high expectations. They wanted their daughter to change their attitude. Merida and I both thought our moms don't listen to us. Both of us had a lot of fights with our mothers. However, we know that our mom loves us . The love of my mom and Elinor is the same.

 About Merida, she is different from other princesses, such as Cinderella and Snow White. The common image of a princess is calm,beautiful,quiet and a careful woman to many people. Princesses in Disney movies are beautiful and quiet. They are very dramatic and emotional. However, Merida isn't. She is brave, powerful, active, and she isn't being careful. Anyway, I think she's attractive.

 I like this movie. It's very cute. The characters were so cute especially princes. Also I could sympathize with Merida. The relationship with her and her mother had something in common with mine. It was very fun to watch. Actually, I like Merida's personality. She's so confident;unlike other princesses. The most important thing I felt, is that I should change my destiny myself and try hard.

1 comment:

  1. Dahyun,

    This is a very good essay. You organized it well and exampled your opinion. The pictures do not work however, try to upload them again. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete